JIAI AIKIDO NEWS
Here is some of the most recent info for Jiai Aikido. We’re always happy to hear from our community, so if you’d like to submit your comments or suggest an article, get in touch!
JIAI AIKIDO STUDENT AND INSTRUCTOR SPOTLIGHT
We would like to introduce Tom Liu Sensei. Tom Sensei has been training in Aikido for ?? years, and has reached the level of 4th degree black belt. He is a student of Frank Doran Shihan, and teaches the Tuesday night class at Jiai. His focus is on internal energetics of training.
NEW CLASS- AIKIDO FOR WEIGHT LOSS
NEW Adaptive Aikido pursuit....
announcing "Aikido for Weight Loss" classes!! Tuesdays 12pm, starting January 7!
This is a combination of an Adaptive Aikido and self-defense class, as well as non-cardio conditioning drills that won't make you hate working out.
Highly overweight? Always wanted to try a martial art but felt your body or any insecurities would keep you from it? Come train with similar folk. Get in shape together and do some Aikido.
5 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
Here are 5 tips for folks just beginning training!
1. Don't stress if you can't "get it"! Nobody does at first! This stuff takes time....
2. Ask for help! If something is confusing, ask another dojo member, or instructor for assistance. Everyone is really nice, and we want to help newer folks out.
3. Come early, stay late, if you can! This is when you can get some extra training in!
4. If you're going to be late for class, come anyway! We would rather have you on the mat for part of a class than none of a class!
5. HAVE FUN, AND DON'T PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOURSELF!
See you on the mat!